Wednesday 24 January 2007

Minimalism I








All taken with the Minimalism Challenge in mind but none that were any good straight out of the camera.


The best and most interesting thing about this PAD business is that it has speeded up my processing workrate enormously. It used to take me an age but these were edited in about 4 or 5 minutes each.


A beneficial side effect of putting up one or several images a day, which I hope will carry over into challenges, is that I am not nearly so prissy about my images now. Entering a challenge used to be really emotional - like sending your eldest and most precious son out into the world to face hardship and suffering and humiliation. While I am still quite fond of these images in some ways they are no longer like an eldest son to me, more like a younger son. Or a daughter.

7 comments:

admin said...

Love the second from the top. Practicing for DPC? :)

Erik said...

First, second and fourth are my most favored. Lovely series.

evanhuntphoto.com said...

hahah ouchhh

Unknown said...

Second and the last are great
I wonder what did you post. It's a great approach. Much better than single object shot in a light tent.

Elaine said...

#1, 3,and 4 are my favorites. I am not having any luck with a straight from the camera shot either. Might do a "vote only" week!

talj said...

Really love the minimalist look here, you've done great and your editing is, as always, very nice :o)

Michael P. Randazzo said...

As someone who is doing this the second time around, I completely understand the learning curve and how your skills improve by pushing yourself to continue this even when it is hard. Good for you keep it up.