Saturday 27 January 2007

Low light

Well my Minimalism entry is just about holding its head above water. My Fill The Frame entry on the other hand is sunk. 80 votes, average 4.4, 5 comments including one DNMC, one overprocessed IMO, plus the wonderful 'This is hard to enjoy' !!! I shall treasure that one. And I really like the picture and it came out just how I planned it. Before I started this PAD I would have been quite upset but now I'm really not. Votes. Who needs them ?

This is Chris. I was playing about at ISO1600 to see how well my new camera does in low light and I am really pleased with this. I know there is a little motion blur but it was really dark. This is the first time in living memory that anyone has pointed a camera at Chris and he hasn't immediately responded by getting his arse out. I think he knows I am a sensitive soul. To make up for it I did get a few shots of him picking his nose. I may post them tomorrow.

Edit for clarification - When I said Chris usually sees the camera and gets his arse out, this seems to have been interpreted as meaning that he gets angry. What I meant was that he literally gets his arse out. It's just something he does.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I can understand Chris. I hate taking pictures of myself.

talj said...

Am very glad that he managed to keep his trousers on for this one! :o) Nicely done :o) Sorry to hear about your fill the frame but hope your Minimalism shot hangs in there :o)

james_so said...

Nice shot, suits the B&W conversion, glad it isn't his arse though..

Erik said...

I hate those tight DNMC-bastards that just don't get my artistic masterpieces!
*growls*

davidsmeaton said...

DNMC ... bah humbug!! people are just too critical. they're probably in the challenge too and want to shoot their competition down! grrr!!

but i like your shot today. very nice compo.

good luck with your challenges! :)

cheers
david
super-dave.com