Sunday 25 February 2007

And finally - the Slavonian Grebe



And here it is. After several visits involving extreme cold and damp, the derision of assorted chavs and the collection of several pounds of mud on my clothes .... this is the rare Slavonian Grebe. Rare around here that is. If anyone from Slavonia happens to visit this page they'll probably say 'What's the fuss about, they're ten a penny round here'. I don't care - it's nice to have some pictures of a rare bird, regardless.
Today I'm going to another Point to Point. The pictures from the last one got into three papers. I thought they might scrape into the reader's pictures section but they went in in full colour, large format as sports content, which was very encouraging. Today I am going officially for one of the local papers and I'm getting paid !! Not much - but enough to cover my entry fee and buying a programme. So you're in for a few days of horse pictures again.

2 comments:

talj said...

Woohoo!!! Finallu, the Grebe minus the chavs ;o) Nice work :o)

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Finally got the Grebe!!!

Hey a few day's worth of pics of horses, whats wrong with that??? My favorite subject. Hope the weather is good for you.

Lori