Thursday 29 March 2007

Storm






Ever since I started this PAD thing I have been carrying my camera everywhere I go and then wondering why I bothered. This was the first time I have ever had occasion to actually get it out of the boot and use it and I'm glad I did because it got me a new PB and 9th place. All the cars on the right had their headlights on which is where the illumination of the wave comes from.
Top is the challenge entry, 4th is the original. It was taken with the 18-55 kit lens. I am having trouble figuring this lens out. Sometimes it performs horribly, really awful, but I was amazed at how much detail I could get from a tight crop here.
The shot was handheld at 0.8 seconds with the camera resting on a litter bin and me laid on top of the camera to hold it still with rapid fire or whatever it's called going.
The weather was as bad as, or even worse than, it looks. High wind and the sleet was coming in horizontally from behind me. My jacket blew up over my head and the sleet hit my back and ran down the back of my trousers. People going by in cars wound their windows down and shouted 'Hey fat boy, put your arse away'.
It's good to suffer for your art.

3 comments:

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

LOL the things we will do to get a picture.

Great series of shots and congrats on your personal best.

Lori

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

By the way you might want to check DP Challenge your entry into Langdon's birthday got a 5th and a new personal best!!! Woohoo,

Karen said...

Oh wow these are really cool!